The health and wellbeing of our community is always of utmost priority, particularly during the current COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic.
We encourage our community to keep informed of the updates, and the steps being taken to slow the spread.
South-East Queensland restrictions update
As of 4.00pm AEST Friday, 8 October 2021, stage 3 COVID-19 restrictions are in effect for people living in the local government areas of Brisbane, Moreton Bay, Gold Coast, Logan, Townsville (including Magnetic Island) and Palm Island. Please refer to the Queensland Health website for further details.
What is our policy?
At our Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast and Toowoomba centres, anyone over the age of 12 is required to carry a mask and wear it while onsite where physical distancing of 1.5 metres from others is not possible.
Within all Hear and Say centres:
- Services will continue to be offered via a combination of in-person appointments and via telepractice/online where feasible.
- If you are attending an appointment at one of our centres, one adult is permitted to attend with one child to comply with physical distancing restrictions.
- In general, our Group Social Skills programs will remain as in-person sessions, with COVID-safe practices in place.
- All visitors to our centres are asked to check in via the Check In Qld app and undertake a non-invasive temperature scan. If any visitor is feeling unwell or has a temperature above the normal range, Hear and Say may refuse entry on that day.
Hear and Say will continue to monitor government advice and adjust our policies or how we deliver services if directed to or where deemed necessary.
If you have any symptoms at all, get tested immediately and quarantine at home until you receive a negative result.
Symptoms can range from mild illness to pneumonia. Some people will recover easily, and others may get very sick very quickly. Symptoms may include:
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
If you or your child is experiencing any of the above symptoms, please contact us to cancel or re-arrange your appointment, and follow the government recommendations to get tested for COVID-19.
If a child or client is unwell while onsite, our clinicians are also entitled to ask them to leave the centre and seek medical advice.
Protect others and stop the spread
- Current status of COVID-19 in Australia, here.
- Queensland COVID-19 hotspots and contact tracing alerts, here.
- Guide to isolating with COVID-19, here.
- Information about COVID-19 and how to protect yourself, here.
- COVID-19 resources, here.
- National coronavirus and COVID-19 vaccine helpline: 1800 020 080
- Healthdirect helpline: 1800 022 222
- Lifeline Australia crisis support hotline: 13 11 14
Content updated Wednesday, 27 October 2021.