Students will gain advanced knowledge and skills regarding the application of Listening and Spoken Language intervention and current hearing technologies. The course consists of 21 lectures, with short tasks after each lecture.
The course typically takes 12 weeks (approximately two lectures per week) to complete. An additional two weeks is then allowed for final assessment, followed by an exam.
AG Bell Academy CEUS approved
- Total Learning Hours/CEs: 31.75
- Academy CEU Code: CE-HSC-20-00
- Redefining hearing loss in the 21st century
- Strategies for facilitating the development of audition, language, speech, cognition and early literacy
- Speech acoustics in practice
- Aetiology of hearing impairment
- Family-centred practice
- Developmental assessment and goal setting
- Classroom acoustics
- Strategies for optimising learning in mainstream classrooms
- Candidacy, technology and programming for implantable hearing devices (including single-sided deafness)
- Written assessment and exam
Suitable for: Allied health and education professionals with pre-existing qualifications for working with children who have hearing loss.
Prerequisites: This course is recommended for allied health and education professionals with pre-existing qualifications for working with children who have a hearing loss. Completion of the course Foundations of Listening and Spoken Language Practice, or evidence of prior knowledge of similar skills and experience, is a prerequisite for this course.
Certification: Completion of the course Advanced Skills in Listening and Spoken Language Practice can be used by eligible candidates when applying for the AG Bell Academy Certification for LSLS Cert. AVT TM or LSLS Cert. AVEd TM.
Our Head Office
29 Nathan Avenue, Ashgrove Qld 4060 PO Box 930, Toowong Qld 4066
P: (07) 3850 2111
F: (07) 3366 1803
Buy training now
“The courses were fantastic. They gave me the knowledge I needed to support children with hearing loss on my caseload. They were thorough and the tasks at the end of each lecture were a great way to consolidate and put into practice the information I learned.”
– Emma, Listening and Spoken Language Specialist