School of Psychology, University of Queensland, Australia
- Professor Virginia Slaughter, Head of School
- Emeritus Professor Candida Peterson
- Dr Aisling Mulvihill, Postdoctoral Research Fellow
- Ms Zoie Nott, Postgraduate Student
Hear and Say
- Ms Emma Rushbrooke, Clinical Director
- Dr Shaeez Usman Abdulla, R&D Manager
What does this research investigate?
In collaboration with internationally renowned researchers Prof Emeritus Candida Peterson and Prof Virginia Slaughter from the School of Psychology at The University of Queensland, Hear and Say is undertaking an exciting research study, “Theory of Mind Development for Children With Hearing Loss”. Theory of mind, or the capacity to understand what people think and feel, is important for children’s social functioning and developing peer relationships.
This research aims to examine theory of mind development in children with hearing loss and provide new insights into their social-cognitive development and skills. It is hoped that this project will inform and open avenues for new interventions to enhance social functioning and peer relationships for children in our programs.